Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stories For All Ages

Read Charlotte Canelli's entire column this week in the Norwood Transcript and Bulletin.

The reality is that I live in a world of book lust, one in which I get to read a very small percentage of what I read about or purchase for the library.

I confess that I read fiction only when it captures my interest or imagination. I’ve read, of course, quite a bit of classical and contemporary fiction over the last half century. However, I am often jealous of my colleagues, family and friends who have a much longer fiction-reading list that I have.

My personal passion for reading lies in non-fiction. When I’m asked for my favorite book or a recommendation I always think first of titles within the non-fiction genres, whether they are serious historical or scientific accounts or quirky travelogues or memoirs.