Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our Newest Four-Legged Best Friend

Read Charlotte Canelli's entire column this week in the Norwood Transcript and Bulletin.

Excerpt:

When Gerry married me I came with some baggage, some of it my 2-year-old toddler-puppy and a few of her leftover medical bills. I’ll spare you the details, but I rescued her from sure-euthanasia when for nearly a year she suffered from life-threatening Boxer colitis.

A homemade diet of sweet potatoes, barley, ground beef and scrambled eggs saved her life and that concoction, along with a hearty dose of loving family life, keeps her amazingly healthy today.

Most amazingly, of course, is that Gerry accepted us, the complicated librarian and her sickly dog and crazy dog diet plus all of our bad habits. He’s had only a few raised eyebrows and had minimal reservations to date.